Grease and flour the tray, or lace it with a baking paper. Crumple kitchen towels, make egg shape out of them and wrap them in an aluminum foil. Heat the oven.
Mix flour with baking powder in a deep bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix everything with an electric mixer. Start with low speed and gradually increase it to the fastest until dough is smooth (do not mix it for too long, otherwise the dough will be too sticky). Shape the dough into a roll and divide it into 6 equal parts. Divide each piece into 3 parts and form 3 rolls (length of about 30 cm) on a lightly floured surface. Put them side by side on your kitchen top. Start with an upper end and twist them into a braid. Once the braid is done connect the bottom part to the top part to make a wreath and put in on the tray. Repeat for the remaining five pieces of dough. Beat the yolks with milk, coat the wreaths with the mixture and sprinkle them with grated or chopped almonds or pistachios. Bake in the lower third of the oven.
- Upper and lower heaters: approximately 200 ° C (preheat oven first)
- Warm air: about 180 ° C (preheat oven first)
- Gas setting: 3-4 (180 ° C, preheat oven first)
- Grid position: lower third
- Baking time: approx. 20 Min.
Please keep in mind the instruction manual for your oven.
Remove aluminium foil eggs immediately after the baking and leave the wreaths to cool down on a grill. Colour your eggs with the egg colour according to the instructions from the bag and place them in the wreaths before serving.
You can also make a big wreath. For this purpose, divide the dough into 3 parts, each part should look like a roll of about 60 cm in length, and according to the instructions above, twist the wreath,
- coat and bake it, this time about 30 min. You can also freeze the wreath for later consumption.
- Baking tray 40 x 30 cm:
- a little bit of grease
- wheat flour
- kitchen towels
- aluminium foil
For the dough with cheese and oil:
- 300 g of wheat flour
- 3 flat teaspoons Dr. Oetker baking powder
- 80 g of sugar
- 1 bag Oetker vanilla sugar
- roasted orange bark (1/2 orange)
- 125 g of cheese
- 1 egg white
- 80 ml of milk
- 80 ml of edible oil, e.g. sunflower
You can also add:
- 1 yolk
- 1 tbsp milk
- 100 g of almonds roughly grated or chopped (or pistachios)
- 6 eggs and Easter eggs colour
Visit our website: www.oetker.rs